ZIG (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) has developed a mobile application (“ZIG App”, “App”) that collects data from your device in order to provide you with pertinent transport information for nearby services.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect and process information from your device in several ways, including:
- Once you have given us your consent to track your location, we keep track of your location and movement, including your latitude, longitude, time and speed of travel.
- The collection of location data only happens while the ZIG App is in the foreground (unless explicitly stated otherwise by the ZIG App) and if you’ve granted the ZIG App access to your device’s location services.
- We collect your preferences, including favorite routes, saved locations and other personal customizations such as the “Minimize Walking” option you may select for planning a-to-b trips.
- We also automatically collect usage details each time you use the ZIG App, including the country of origin, the searches you make, the routes you interact with, the type of phone or OS you are using, etc.
- We collect your name, phone number, email address and other information you may provide when using the “Send Feedback” feature in the Settings view. When using that option, a “debugging info.txt” file is automatically attached to the email body and contains contextual information (such as your current location, device type, OS version, etc.) that help us address issues you may be reporting.
- We collect contact information (email and/or push notification token) when you explicitly request to be notified when the ZIG App supports a new market.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with pertinent transport information for nearby services;
- Understand your preferences so that we can customize the ZIG App for you, such as recommending personalized transport options;
- Measure usage of the ZIG App, including usage of specific features and views;
- Generate real-time location data of transit vehicles and broadcast the vehicle location and predicted arrival times to other users;
- Securely transfer your payment information and user credentials to mobility operators to provide you access to their services;
- Securely transfer your payment information and user credentials to bike share operators to provide you access to their bikes.;
- Develop and improve the ZIG App based on your feedback and interactions;
- Guide product development and build new features;
- Conduct research on users habits and how they use public transportation;
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with the ZIG App;
- Respond to your emails and help with support queries;
- Subject to your consent, keep you posted from time to time on latest announcements and additional information;
- Comply with law and regulations and lawful requests or orders.
- USER’S OPTIONS
The following are some examples of your options with regard to collection, use and disclosure of your information: You can stop all collection of location data easily and at any time by disabling location services in your device’s settings or by uninstalling the ZIG App.
- You are not required to indicate any preferences (including setting your home and work address) in order to use the ZIG App, since these are optional.
- You can provide anonymous feedback by using an email account that does not reveal your identity, and does not include your name. You can also manually remove the “debugging info.txt” attachment file from the email’s body if you do not want to share such contextual information with us.
- You can unsubscribe at any time from mailing lists announcing newly released cities by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the emails you may receive.
- DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not disclose your information to third parties without your explicit consent except for the following purposes:
- In case you request assistance with the use of the ZIG App, we might share such request, including your contact information, with a third party directly involved in the issue.
- When you purchase services from a third party (e.g. a mobility operator) through our app, we will share the information required to ascertain your lawful use of those services (including tokenized payment information, relevant personally identifiable information, and any relevant location data). For example, if you purchase a public transit ticket, we may share the time and location where you purchased that ticket in order to ensure that no fraudulent tickets have been sold.
- In case of a prospective business transaction, you agree that the ZIG App may disclose anonymous and aggregate information to another corporation in order for the parties to determine whether to proceed with such transaction. In case a business transaction is completed, you agree that any information may be transferred to the corporation that owns ZIG App or the relevant part of it in order to carry its business. A “business transaction” includes, but is not limited to, a reorganization, merger, purchase, sale or other acquisition or disposition of a corporation or any of its assets.
- In case we are required to comply with applicable law and regulations and lawful requests or orders or if it is otherwise permitted by law (i.e., protect and defend our rights, situation that threatens life, health or safety, etc.).
- Lyft’s SDK
Third party service providers used by the ios app
- SECURITY SAFEGUARDS
We are committed to securing your information and we take reasonable physical, organizational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction. These safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Storage on secure servers;
- Encryption of the communication channels;
- Limited access to employees and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis.
Although we take great efforts to protect your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches nor be immune from any wrongdoings or malfunctions.
- RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your information as long as you use the ZIG App and for a reasonable time thereafter.
- RIGHT TO ACCESS AND REMOVAL
We store your information on servers located in North America. If you would like to remove or access any information that we have collected through ZIG App that is stored on our servers, please contact us at info@rideZIG.org. On receiving such a request, we will use reasonable efforts to provide you or delete such information.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information of a child under 13 without first receiving parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time.
- DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
The ZIG App does not respond to Web browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals or other similar mechanisms. Third parties do not collect information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites when using the ZIG App.
- CONTACT INFORMATION